THE R.E.A.C.H. PROJECT
REALISING EQUALITY, ACHIEVING CHANGE HOLISTICALLY
A programme for migrant women living in Co. Meath
enabling access to
mainstream education, training and employment opportunities
We like to introduce you four new courses:
- CAMBRIDGE BUSINESS ENGLISH HIGHER (BEC)
- CAREER MENTORING AND GUIDANCE COURSE
Career & Cambridge Flier
- EMPLOYMENT SKILLS (FETAC LEVEL 4)
Employment Skills Flier
- SKILLS FOR COLLEGE AND FURTHER EDUCATION
Skills For College Flier
Failte Isteach and Women’s Group Co-ordinator
part time receptionist
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALITIES REQUIRED:
- Good listening and communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Some experience of working in a group setting
- Spoken and written English language skills and knowledge of another language would be an advantage
- Good computer, including internet, skills
- Good record keeping skills, general administration and organisation skills
- A commitment to equal opportunities and the value of diversity
This is a Community Employment vacancy, Please contact your local DSP Employment Services/Intreo Office to check your eligibility and to apply for this vacancy. Job Reference Number ES-894178Job
Au Pairing in Co. Meath:
Want to know more about your rights as a worker in Ireland?
Cultúr Migrants Centre is hosting a meeting with Au Pairs living in Co. Meath
On Sunday 30th November starting at 2pm and finishing at 4.30 pm
This event will provide an opportunity to find out about:
- A chance to find out about your rights and entitlements and what supports are available to au pairs in the county
- The National Campaign by the Migrant Rights Centre Ireland to ensure au pairs have the same rights as other workers in Ireland
- Information from a new report on au pairing in Co. Meath based on surveys with 31 au pairs
Contact Sinead/Olivia on 046 909 3120 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending this event and all au pairs are welcome
Check out our Facebook page and share the information about this event with your friends. Updates on the report for the county and other information will be added to this page.Au Pairing in Co Meath.pdf
Cultúr launches its report Disposable Workers? The experience of Au Pairs in Co. Meath and will meet with local TDs who are members of the Oireachtas Committee on Jobs, Innovation and Enterprise today to highlight the treatment of Au Pairs as a sub category of worker and the resulting exploitation this causes.
We are calling for the National Employment Rights Agency to launch a public awareness campaign to raise awareness among employers about their obligations and duties as employers to Au Pair workers.
The Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation should also ensure that adequate supports are provided to Au Pairs to seek redress where their rights are being infringed.Disposable Workers? The experience of Au Pairs in Co. Meath
REACH Policy Lessons Paper
Cultúr publishes a new policy lessons paper on its REACH project highlighting the need for the mainstreaming of good practice regarding education and training for migrant women. We are calling on the government to put in place a process to ensure that the learning from all projects funded under the national EWM programme contributes to gender equality and supports greater acess, participation and outcomes from the labour market.REACH Policy Lessons Paper
Direct Provision Forum
Cultúr along with members of the Direct Provision Forum, Oireachtas members and the Irish Refugee Council Core Group meet Oireachtas members about the End Direct Provision Campaign on Wednesday 18th June
FETAC level 5 Community Development Module
Participants from the FETAC level 5 Community Development Module receive their certificates on Thursday 19th June.
This course was funded by the Community Foundation of Ireland.
Ireland's national Integration Strategy
Cultúr submission to the review of Ireland's national Integration Strategy May 2014 can be read here.
Cultúr calls for a national integration strategy that is resourced appropriately and that the policy and legislative framework on racism is robust and supports redress of same.
Cultúr Annual Report for 2013
Cultúr Annual Report for 2013 is now available, click on the link below or go to our publications section to ready more about our busy year in 2013Cultur Annual Report 2013