Who we are
Cultúr is a community work organization working across Co. Meath with ethnic minorities including immigrants, migrant workers, asylum seekers and refugees.
An equal and intercultural Co. Meath where ethnic minorities and their families are included and respected.
To promote the empowerment, participation, self determination and rights of ethnic minorities who experience or are at risk of poverty, social exclusion and racism.
We believe that by working together in solidarity with ethnic minorities and others we can achieve real social change.We are inspired by our Core Principles and Values
- A commitment to working towards an anti racist and intercultural society.
- A focus on an equality framework which is anti racist, anti sexist, with a class analysis and promotes the social inclusion of ethnic minorities.
- An emphasis on a community work approach to our work.
- A commitment to the empowerment and participation of ethnic minorities.
- A capacity and willingness to working in solidarity with others seeking to promote the rights of ethnic minorities through a shared vision and ethos.
- Goal 1: Community Work
- To use a community work approach to engage with and empower ethnic minorities in Co. Meath, building participation and collective action, supporting ethnic minorities as agents for social change on issues identified by ethnic minorities themselves.
- Goal 2: Human Rights
- To use a human rights framework to ensure ethnic minorities are aware of and can exercise their rights as equal members of the community and that duty bearers are made aware of their responsibilities in this regard.
- Goal 3: Policy Work
- To influence and contribute to policy development on issues affecting ethnic minorities, facilitating their equal participation and representation in order to address their needs and interests.
- Goal 4: Organisational Development
- To continue to develop Cultúr as a valued local community work organisation that has resources, structures and policies to achieve its aims and is accountable to all its stakeholders.