(Jobs for U, Migrants Progressing)
Integration, Education & Employment of Migrants Programme
About the Project
The JUMP Programme is a FREE support and training programme developed to enhance knowledge, skills and experience of migrants living in county Meath; to facilitate improved access to employment and training supports. It aims to work in partnership with the Department of Social Protection, Louth and Meath ETB, Meath County Council, agencies and local businesses to carry out a work placement scheme that will improve job opportunities for migrants who are unemployed and for those dealing with other employment barriers. The 4 year programme is funded through the ESF Programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2014 – 2020 (PEIL)
The programme consists of the following programmes coordinated and delivered county wide:
- Accredited Cambridge Business English courses (3 levels) & Examination
- Career Planning Workshops
- Work Place Experience Preparation courses & Work Placements
- One to One Coaching and Mentoring
Through the provision of the programmes the project will:
- Improve migrants’ access to education, training and personal development in preparation for employment;
- Address key challenges of migrants such as lack of recognition of qualifications, lack of work experience in Ireland, employment related discrimination, communication and language barriers, limitations to further education and training for low paid workers, particularly in terms of higher levels of ESOL, need for general orientation specially in terms limited knowledge of migrants about their work place rights, insufficient knowledge in terms of practical and informational aspects of employment in Irish context and further training and self-development options. As a result, the project migrants will be equipped with the necessary skills, education and information required to enter further education, training and employment that will enable them to actively participate in the labour market and combat discrimination in the workplace.
- Build progression for the targeted migrants in the county in terms of their English Language proficiency that will give them self-confidence and increase their future employment prospects.
- Enhance Migrants’ employability skills by providing an opportunity of gaining work experience in the field of their qualifications, thereby enabling them to search for work in their preferred profession and provide opportunity to undertake a placement with a local host employer greatly enhances the participant’s integration into the workforce.
The beneficiaries of the projects are legally resident Migrants living in Co. Meath: unemployed, underemployed, low paid and essential work workers (with focus on migrants with higher ESOL proficiency (beyond QQI Level 3) seeking progression routes).
TO REGISTER AND FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Joanna Fitzsimons on [email protected] or 046 9093120
Cultúr Migrants Centre, Ground Floor St. Anne’s Resource Centre, Chapel Yard, Railway Street, Navan Co. Meath
facebook cultur celebrating diversity
The JUMP project is co-funded by the European Social Fund and the Irish Government as part of the ESF Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020