Employment Opportunity for Community Development Worker
Cultúr Migrant Centre is seeking to employ a qualified Community development worker on a full-time basis to work in Louth with ethnic minorities including immigrants, migrant workers, asylum seekers, refugees, agencies and community stakeholders. Cultúr is a community work organisation based in Navan County Meath.
The role of the Community Worker will be to implement the Migrant Network Community Development Project Louth & Meath and contribute to the objectives of the Community Development Programme to:
- Develop community responses to a range of social, economic and environmental concerns
- Facilitate a collaborative approach with the target group to build and empower relationships and cooperative initiatives between marginalised groups, mainstream services and decision-making bodies
- Showcase and profile the benefits of an autonomous approach to community development in relation to new and emerging issues.
The Community Worker will use community work approaches and methodologies based on the “All Ireland Standards for Community Work”. (www.cwi.ie)
The aim of this project is to widen the participation and promote the empowerment and inclusion of migrants, asylum seekers and refugees, working in collaboration with agencies and organisations in the community.
The successful candidate must have:
- Third level or postgraduate qualification in community work.
- Minimum of 3 years post-qualification professional experience
- Proven track record of working with communities of interest/minority groups using community work approaches. (As identified in the “All Ireland Standard for Community Work”)
- Experience working as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral and excellent report writing skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office and other relevant computer applications
- Experience of policy work, networking / interagency working within the community development sector
- Commitment to Equality, Human Rights and Diversity
- Clear understanding and analysis of migration and integration issues and national infrastructure, including current issues
A full-time fixed-term Contract of Employment to the end of November 2022, with the possibility to extend to the end of November 2024, subject to funding and the successful completion of a probation period.
Applying for this position
To apply, please complete the attached application form here and email to [email protected] or by post to Tinu Achioya Cultúr Migrant Centre, Ground Floor, St. Anne’s Resource Centre Railway St. Navan Co. Meath.
Closing date for receipt of application is 5 pm Thursday 25th November 2021. Interviews will take place the week of the 6th December 2021.
Cultúr is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The Cultúr MNCD project is funded by Department of Rural and Community Development