As part of their integration work, Cultur and Meath Partnership are partnering in delivering a programme aimed at addressing the barriers to employment experienced by migrant women in county Meath. The Net-WORK project will be delivered through practical, hands on, integrative, accredited and non-accredited support and training programmes that will enhance the skills of women with leave to remain or refugee status to stay and progress in employment. These will include soft skills training cultural awareness in the work place and job ready skills.
This programme will support up to 80 refugee women in Meath and area to gain employability and personal developmental skills.
- Build the self-esteem and confidence of refugee women, through an employment preparation programme with one-to-one and peer support;
- Bridge the skills of female refugees to support their pathways towards employment- Accredited training
- Instigate and support the proposed informal social networks
- A supported Volunteer opportunity.
The goal of this project is to have:
- 80 Number of females progressing to non-accredited training/education courses
- 30 Number of females progressing to accredited training/ education courses
- 10 Number of females progressing to volunteering roles
- 10 women in employment or preparing for further education by the end of 2018.
- 05 Number of women progressing to self-employment
Employment preparation programme
The employment preparation programme will involve group activities and short specific courses that would lead to employment.
- CV and cover letter writing; identifying and describing skills; job-hunting strategies
- Interview preparation; tips and advice from employers; mock interviews
- Understanding the Irish employment market and education system; employment rights and entitlements
- Soft Skills
- Barista and HACCP
- Academy of Aviation Courses
- QQI level 3 Self-employment skills
The programme will incorporate a Network group, providing participants with an outlet to share feedback, discuss any obstacles encountered, and to promote peer learning. There will also be coffee mornings, which will match participants with women in the local community who have gone through like journeys to provide professional peer to peer guidance and advice, and to encourage wider social inclusion.
Supported volunteer opportunities
Upon completion of the employment preparation programme, participants will be offered volunteering opportunities with the Meath Volunteer centre.
Support will be provided around English language progression, and funding is available to cover childcare and transport costs.
Ideal candidates are females from the ages of 16 years+, with either refugee status or leave to remain and who are willing to commit to a 12-month programme.
For Registration Please Contact:
Deidre Dowling on 046 9280790 or [email protected]
Reuben Hambakachere on 0861994655 or [email protected]
The Net-WORK Project was approved by government with the support of the Dormant Accounts.
School of Culinary & Home Arts
The NetWORK Project supported 21 women to participate in a cook and taste event in Lismullin School of Culinary & Home Arts. This event took place on the 31st of March 2020 as part of an integration initiative in conjunction with Cultur and Meath partnership. This bespoke cookery class provided a networking opportunity for women from diverse backgrounds to learn and share their cooking experiences.
The event culminated in a two-year-long project that supported migrant women to gain employability skills. This project delivered accredited training. This included the Academy of Aviation passenger customer services training and Drive competency skills. The participants also received non-accredited soft skills which included, arts and craft courses, wellness workshops, CV and interview skills all of which helped participants build confidence.
REPORT ON ACADEMY OF AVIATION INDUCTION COURSE HELD AT THE CARLTON AIRPORT HOTEL, DUBLIN FROM THE WEDNESDAY THE 10TH TO FRIDAY THE 13TH OF APRIL, 2018.
The Academy Of Aviation Course was organized by the Network Project. The course which had 5 people in attendance was held for 4 days at the Academy Of Aviation training suite of The Carlton Airport Hotel, Dublin.
The 4 day course was aimed at equipping participants with knowledge in the various aspects of Passenger Services. The modules covered were Passenger Check-in/Boarding and arrivals; Security/Health and Safety Procedures; Customer Care and Communication Skills; Personal Presentation and Grooming. Day one started with an introduction by the facilitator, Ruth Thewlis, an aviation specialist with 33years experience in the sector. Participants were informed about airport services, duties of different airport staff, airlines operating at The Dublin Airport, facilities available to passengers, the different codes and the increasing job opportunities in the aviation sector. An examination was held on the third day after which participants were taught the art of good make up by Inglot, a make-up specialist. They were also given interview tips and the aviation dress code. The interview was held on the last day by Sky Handling Partner, the first and largest aviation handling company operating at The Dublin Airport. On the last day, participants were awarded certificates.
At the end of the course, participants were confident enough to attend the interview and were hopeful for a career in aviation.
Project Current Status
What progress has been made since the last meeting?
- Recruitment of first 64 participants completed
- Meet & Greet mornings in place for new starters
- Database created and full details recorded
- 1-1 Skills analysis completed for 42
- 1-1 Personal Action plans completed for 42
- Interim report completed
Project Current Status
Courses and progression to date:
- Progression to employment ,6 participants are working part time and 3 full time
- 21 participants have completed Soft Skills Courses
- 3 completed QQI Start Your Own Business Course
- 7 participants completed the QQI level 3 Career Preparation Course
- 3 have completed Haccp
- 22 completed Academy Aviation Customer Service Passengers Courses
- One-One Meetings ongoing